Details of events outside our regular weekly seasonal programme.
16th February to 28th March 2019: Annual Exhibition at the Beeston Library
We have held an exhibition at the library since the club was founded. This continues that tradition and is an excellent opportunity to showcase members’ work. Library opening hours and details here.
1st September to 31st October 2018: Exhibition at the Canalside Heritage Centre, Beeston Lock
We had an exhibition of prints taken by members in and around Beeston Lock and Attenborough Nature Reserve on show in the gallery at the Heritage Centre. Also a slide show of winning images from our competitions last season. On Monday 3rd September there was an opening evening for the exhibition.
29th Oct, 12th Nov and 26th Nov: BEGINNER’S COURSE
LEARN HOW TO USE YOUR CAMERA
- Do you just use the Auto mode all the time?
- Want to know why some pictures turn out blurred or blue?
- Got a new camera but don’t know what all the buttons do?
If any of these apply to you, we have the answer.
We are running a short course of three evenings where one of our members will explain how to take better pictures with your camera. Our expert will explain terms such as exposure, aperture, white balance and how to get the picture you want in-camera.
- Small group size – individual support
- Simple explanations of how to set up your camera for more successful photos.
- Any camera make and model*
- Practical advice specific to your camera
- Where: British Legion, 16 Hall Croft, Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 1EL.
- When: Mondays – 29th October, 12th and 26th November
- Time: 7.30-9.30pm
- Cost: £30, includes course handouts. Or just £15 for members of Beeston Camera club.
Places are limited, so to book your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need to bring your camera (check your battery is charged), and instruction manual, if you have one.
* This course is designed for people with a dedicated camera not smartphones. Can be compact, mirrorless, bridge or DSLR.